Velaivetti Shares you the group discussion HR Interview questions with answers. This group discussion HR interview questions contains 20 topics with answers. You can download this group discussion HR interview questions with answers – pdf at the bottom of this post.
Group discussion EQ vs IQ HR interview questions with answers Part B
1.First of all, I would like to define what is EQ and IQ. Basically, EQ (Emotional Quotient) is the measure of your emotional skills i.e. how you control your emotions whereas IQ (Intelligence Quotient) is the measure of your intelligence i.e.how intellect you are.
Now talking about their importance, I think both are equally important. For getting success in life you need a great IQ whereas for holding that success, you need a strong EQ. High IQ can get you a good job but low EQ can get you fired. High EQ and low IQ is such that you can’t even get a job.
But researchers have shown that IQ contributes only 20% to your overall success. High EQ will help in maintaining good social relations with friends, family, and colleagues and will surely boost your mental level. It is also found that low EQ person no matter how intelligent he is often suicides.
A person having less IQ but comparatively more EQ than a person with high intellectual level will often be more successful in life. So there is need to maintain a balance between these two to be a successful and respectful member of the society.
2. First we need to understand that EQ (emotional quotient) is about feelings. It shows how a person can deal with his/her emotions. While I (intelligence quotient) is about brain. It shows your intelligence, knowledge and how good you are with your academics.
I believe that in this competitive world one should have higher EQ because competition is getting tougher day by day and many are committing suicide because they are not mentally and emotionally strong to handle such situation.
No matter how intelligent a person is, if he not mentally and emotionally strong. It will be difficult to get success in longer run.
3. I believe IQ scores limited nowadays. For a person to survive in this competitive world and to face challenges he must have good EQ otherwise he faces psychological issues and turns into depression. To be socially interactive, taking decisions, understanding situations, etc it is really important to have a good EQ. It is important to build the whole person.
4. I believe that both EQ and IQ of a person must be balanced. They both go hand in hand because what IQ thinks is expressed by EQ.
5. EQ and IQ are like two faces of a coin, both have to be balanced in every individual to be successful. A person with high IQ and low EQ is just like food without salt (no taste). If you are intelligent enough but lack in collaborating with peers then you may not be a good team player, in another way around if you have good EQ but lack in intelligence then it hinders your ability to perform well.
It’s impossible to clap with a single hand as its difficult to live with only either of EQ or IQ.
6. EQ or Emotional Quotient may be defined as a person’s ability to express emotions and IQ or Intelligence Quotient may be defined as a person’s ability with the brain. In my opinion, both are equally important in life if one has to become successful. Having an extraordinary ability to think i.e. IQ will not ensure that the individual is a good team player, or that his/her relations with his/her colleagues are good enough. Similarly only having a good EQ score does not prove a point that a person will excel in life. So a balance is definitely important.
7. EQ and IQ are inseparable.
Discipline, Mannerism, and Attitude can frame EQ. By making these functions work together will make one’s EQ good and can cross many obstacles in life in a very pleasant manner.
Through Intelligence, Knowledge, Ability, Will power, Dedication and Self-interest its possible to achieve desires and with this a person is motivated through appraisals, awards, rewards etc. To all these main roles is IQ.
More EQ – – -> Pleasant surroundings (people with us give good respect).
More IQ – – ->Creative minds (Technology development, Nation growth).
8. I Think I would definitely go with EQ. Because people are crucial and very important aspect our life. When you got a good Emotional Quotient it will get easy to understand each perspective. In another way, around EQ acts an intelligence in Human Emotions.
9. EQ and IQ both are equally important. One needs to have balance in both. If a person has great iq but is emotionally weak so he won’t be able to perform upto his capabilities.
10. EQ or IQ both are playing a significant role and equally important in our life if imbalance is occurred you will not get definitely what you want in your personal and professional life if you don’t have IQ level you will get failed to make decision fast and interpret things in varied situation same goes to EQ if you don’t have a good relation at your workplace with your colleague, you are unable to connect them emotionally probably they can make wrong perception about you.
11. In my opinion, I think people have both EQ and IQ but not mandatory that it should be equal. I think EQ is more important than IQ because it is good that people have more ability to take decisions not all have equal knowledge.
12. EQ or Emotional Quotient is defined as an individual’s ability to identify, evaluate, control and express emotions. People with high EQ usually make great leaders and team players because of their ability to understand, empathize and connect with people around them.
IQ or Intelligence Quotient determines one’s academic abilities and is determined by several standardized tests to assess an individual’s intelligence. People with high IQ gain success in challenging task and has the ability to analyze how to approach towards a goal.
So, both EQ and IQ is necessary for a successful person. A person with high IQ and low EQ can innovate but will not be able to manage different people around him and vice-versa. Thus, there should be a balance between EQ and IQ.
13. I also think both EQ and IQ is necessary. Because a person with high IQ but low EQ can create and innovate but can not make rationale decision let’s not forget the incident of hirosima and nagasaki. The same is in the case of High EQ but low IQ a person can make rationale decision but can not innovate and create. So, Both is necessary rather than one.
14. I think IQ and EQ play a very prominent role in our personal as well as professional life. We need to maintain a balance between the two because if we are having good IQ but our Eq is weak then we might not be able to deal with people in a better way as we would not understand what they want from us. Similarly, having lack of IQ.
Is also not good as would not be able to get desired results in various domains of life. So I conclude that both IQ and EQ are equally important to become a successful person as well as a better human being.
15. I think that both are essential for the people. But I prefer EQ over IQ. Because EQ gives the awareness for making an important decision but not IQ. E.G: Atom Bomb was invented by a person who has high IQ but he did not aware that what will happen if it goes to wrong hand. Because of lack of EQ Atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and rest all you know.
16. Hi, everyone I think we need a larger number of peoples with better EQ rather IQ although it is important for the development of an organization or country having better brains but what if you have a negative attitude in you no one is going to follow your idea even if it is good. So I think both IQ and EQ are needed in a person both are like having a car without having driving skills.
17. EQ is equally important as IQ, as we have to deal with people and you need to come out from many worst situations in your career as a professional.
18. I think EQ is as important as IQ in contributing to the success of a person. EQ helps us to deal with people more rationally and helps us to understand people emotionally. By having a good IQ we can have a good job but by having a good EQ in addition to good IQ we become a sensitive and emotionally intelligent which makes us a good person in all.
19. All we know, that EQ is emotional quotient and IQ is intelligence quotient. According to me solution to every problem has good and bad effects. So everyone has to deal each problem with both EQ and IQ. Lack of anyone poses to some loss it may be money, value, respect. Etc. In INDIA If we loose money it won’t matter much but loosing the values, respect it really effects as our people have great ethics and emotions.
20. Only having a high IQ is not of any use although we get success in our study live, since our society is full of hypocrisy we should having EQ (emotional quotient) or try to be having or acting such a way or else hypocritics will not leave a chance in making your life hell.
Download this Group discussion EQ vs IQ HR interview questions with answers Part B in PDF